Followers

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ad Killaz R Loose (again)


Every time I think I've turned my back on advertising, something always sneaks up and pushes me back in. Nothing surprises me anymore and I've almost resigned to my fate. Deep down I love it...
Back in the 1980s I did a psychometrical test at some west end career centre and the result was that I should be in advertising. I didn’t really pay much attention to this information as I thought I was going to be a chef – plus, I didn’t even know what advertising really entailed as the name just evoked images of trade fairs and blue display boards. But the career as a chef never happened and, as I had a few good ideas knocking around my brain for various ads (‘Incogniteau’ – a photo of a Perrier bottle without a label) I went to art school and got my first advertising ‘book’ together... As this was the 80s, the only place I sent it to was Saatchi & Saatchi’s. They told me to keep it up and to learn more about the craft of advertising, which I did at St. Martin’s School of Art studying Graphics (Advertising) in the legendary Long Acre site, now a H&M flagship store - which is kind of says it all.


And recently I've started my biggest advertising project to date and so Ad Killaz R Loose, once again...

No comments: